The Pennsylvania Music Educators Association’s Hall of Fame was begun in 2008 to honor music educators who, by virtue of their contributions, are recognized as being the most highly regarded professional leaders in music education in the state of Pennsylvania.
Criteria for Nomination:
- be, or have been, an active member of PMEA;
- be, or have been, employed by a school system/s or college/s within Pennsylvania for a minimum of 15 years;
- have demonstrated effectiveness in teaching young people through music and the ability to inspire positive attitudes among students, school, community, and members of PMEA;
- have demonstrated excellence in teaching or administration in music;
- have developed, maintained, or supported an effective, balanced program in music education; have demonstrated the highest ideals and professional integrity during time of service.
The award may be presented to an active music teacher, retired music teacher, or may be awarded posthumously.
Any member of PMEA may submit a nomination for this award. Required nomination materials include:
- completed nomination form
- three letters of recommendation setting forth nominees qualification related to above criteria for nomination
- photograph of nominee
The Past State Officers Council will serve as the selection committee. Awardees will be recognized during the 2024 PMEA Annual Conference (April 17-20 at Bayfront Conference Center, Erie).
Deadline to submit is Wednesday, December 6.