PMEA Council TTRR Continuing Education Award
The PMEA Council TTRR Continuing Education Award is in memory of BJ Stark & Barbara Dooley Fox, supporters of music education. This scholarship will be awarded to a full-time, undergraduate or graduate music education major in an accredited PA institution who has completed at least two semesters. (The amount and number of scholarships available may vary from year to year.)
Criteria for selection
- A minimum of one year as a PCMEA member in good standing with letter of affirmation confirming participation in your PCMEA Chapter (NAfME Collegiate) from your PCMEA Chapter Advisor
- Submission of college transcript reflecting 3.5 GPA or higher
- Demonstration of performance skills (recorded video) or submission of composition(s)
- Presentation of a music education portfolio with sample lesson plans, philosophy, and development of creative instructional activities with a focus on the arts at the center of STEAM
- Participation in at least one PMEA-sponsored professional development program e.g., the Annual Conference, Summer Conference, Webinar, or Regional Workshop.
- Completion of essay that demonstrates leadership and well-defined goals and aspirations towards a career in music education
- Letter of recommendation from at least one music education professor
Applications will be judged blindly by PMEA members with at least one member from the PMEA Council of Teacher Training, Recruitment, and Retention, PMEA EXCOM, and/or PMEA staff.