2024 PMEA Annual Conference Call for Proposals
Conference Session Proposal Information
2024 PMEA Annual In-Service Conference, April 17-20, Bayfront Convention Center - Erie
Window of opportunity to submit closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, June 7.
PMEA/NAfME members and PMEA/NAfME Corporate Sponsor Member companies are invited to submit educational session proposals for the PMEA Annual In-service & Summer Conferences in the 2024 PMEA Call for Session Proposals. The PMEA Conference Planning Committee will utilize a blind review process for all proposals submitted. The final decision for inclusion in the annual and/or summer conferences will be that of the conference chair. Corporate Sponsor member session proposals must include a note of endorsement (letter/email) from the sponsoring company when submitted. Sponsoring companies will be listed in the program book. *For sessions promoting a specific product, an exhibit booth at the conference is required by the sponsoring company/organization.
The PMEA Conference Planning Committee will be guided in the selection of sessions by the following criteria: quality of presentation (objectives and organization); innovativeness; importance and timeliness of the topic to the field; level of participation for attendees; practical applicability and program balance.
Session proposals will be accepted in the following content areas:
- Adjudication/ Performance Assessment
- Advancing the Profession
- Career Development/Teacher Resources
- Classroom Music (Elementary, Middle or High School, Theory, etc.)
- Curriculum Development/Assessment
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Access
- Early Childhood
- Exceptional Learners
- Guitar/Modern Band
- Higher Ed/SMTE/Research
- Instrumental (Band, Jazz, Strings)
- Education in Rural/Urban Settings
- World Music
Complete the following Online Proposal Application Form which includes: Session Title, Description, Type of Session (to include interaction level - panel, lecture, demonstration) and Content Area. Be sure to include a current email address.
- All selected presenters must be current members of NAfME or representatives of PMEA/NAfME Corporate Sponsor companies. No honoraria are paid to educational session presenters.
- All session proposals are reviewed blindly, therefore do NOT include any identifying information in the session description section of the proposal.
- Submission of a proposal is a commitment by all participating individuals to register for the conference at the applicable rate (full conference, daily rate on day of session or attend as an exhibitor).
- Because of scheduling difficulties, individual requests for particular times will be considered, however cannot always be accommodated.
**For any technical concerns with the Submittable, program please contact email@example.com