2022 PMEA Harp Audition Instructions:
1. Directors who wish to have their students (grades 10-12 only) considered for selection should: Complete the application form with payment ($15.00). The Director must be a current PMEA member. All student applicants must upload a headshot photo - (ABOVE the SHOULDERS) labeled LAST NAME, FIRST NAME (i.e. Smith, John)
2. The Audition selections must be submitted online via SUBMITTABLE. The audition selections must be recorded from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS on how to submit EACH SELECTION are listed BELOW as well as on the SUBMITTABLE Application. ARMS, FINGERS and HEAD must be visible when submitting the application for recording. NO EAR BUDS or HEADPHONES are permitted to be used in the recording. The best camera angle would be behind or at a side angle of the applicant with a clear view of the hands and music. To obtain the best audio quality, a good microphone as well as high-end computers or digital recording devices for the recording equipment are suggested.
3. No identifying clothing may be worn (i.e. no school t-shirts, no name identification, no PMEA, NAfME All Eastern or National shirts). Additionally, please do NOT include any identifying information (student name/school name) in the video file name or in the contents of the recording.
4. The “Window of Opportunity” to submit begins Monday, 10/11/2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m., Sunday, 11/7/2021. A confirmation email will be sent to the address used to register with Submittable. Please check your SPAM filters for any communications and also check with your IT Administrator if a school email address is used and no email is received. *If a harpist submits an upload at the district level, but does not participate in the District festival because there were no harp parts in the festival program, the same ranking would hold for Region Orchestra. If no harp parts are needed for Regions, the same ranking would hold for the PMEA All-State orchestra in the event a harpist is needed for the All-State program.
5. The director is asked to view the file and verify the recorded audition is consistent with the student’s level of performance.
6. Although PMEA checks to ensure the videos play in the correct format and the file can be opened- PMEA is NOT responsible for the content repertoire of the video. Please follow the repertoire and file labeling instructions.
7. The 2022 PMEA All-State Harpist will be announced and posted online (www.pmea.net) on Tuesday 11/23/2021.
SUBMITTABLE RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS
- Record EACH TITLE separately.
- Announce (speak clearly) each selection by TITLE on the Video Recording before playing the musical selection.
- LABEL THE FILE with the SELECTION TITLE from the list.