The Pennsylvania Music Educators Association’s Outstanding Young Music Educator Award was created to recognize and honor a PMEA member for excellence in music education who has been teaching three to five years.
The recipient will receive complimentary registration for the Spring and Summer Conferences the following school year. The recipient will be asked to participate in the Leadership Academy, if they have not already done so. The recipient may also be asked to participate in a leadership workshop held at one of the conferences.
- The nominee must be a PMEA member
- The nominee must be actively teaching in Pennsylvania
- The nominee must be in his/her third through fifth year of teaching
- A resume of the nominee must be included highlighting their contributions to music education and PMEA
- At least three letters of recommendation must accompany the official nomination. These must be collected by the primary nominator (A PMEA member), and forwarded with the official nomination form. The following sources should be represented:
- An administrator from the nominee's current program
- Another PMEA member
- A current student or parent
6. Letters of recommendation should answer the following questions. Be brief, but specific.
- In what ways has the nominee demonstrated by example the basic principles and characteristics of an outstanding music educator, and promise for sustaining contributions to the field of music education?
- In what ways does the nominee evidence excellence in music making?
- How does the nominee develop and sustain growth within his/her program?
- How has the nominee's teaching made an impact on students?
- How has the nominee shown motivation toward professional growth and involvement?
** If there are any materials you receive after submitting the form that you would like to have added to the submission, please email them to Abi Young at email@example.com
Nominators of candidates not selected may reapply in the future, provided the candidate meets the criteria.
The Past State Officers Council will serve as the selection committee. The selected nominee will be recognized during the 2022 PMEA Annual Conference (April 6-9 at Kalahari Resort & Conference Center) as well as in a virtual presentation, which will take place in May.
Deadline to submit is Wednesday, December 15.